The Idea & Story
Over the past 5 years, while living in Brooklyn and then Berlin, Meghan has been asked these bike related questions regularly:
1. Bike Recommendations: What bike should I get for getting around the city? It happened so often, that she even maintained a #bike-recommendations channel in the SoundCloud work chat.
2. Bike Maintenance: How can I fix my bike when there is something wrong? How do I even know if something is wrong with my bike?
⭐️ Bike Recommendations
🏆 Goal: Help users find a new bike and enable them to purchase it within the app.
Frequently a new bike buyer does not have the vocabulary to describe what they are looking for, but they know it when they see it (+ have gotten advice that it is a practical option).
⭐️ Maintaining Your Bike
🏆 Goal: Empower users to be able to maintain their bike.
1. Learn the basics of bicycle maintenance
Enough said. It is an invaluable skill 💪🔧🚲
2. Identify & Classify Bike Issues
Help the user identify when something is wrong and teach them how to classify the issue.
3. Connect with local bike shops
Some issues are too hard to fix on your own and should be handled by a professional bike mechanic